The VAST-IT Voice Conferencing Application provides a key value-added service to all types of business customers. Included in the VAST-IT conferencing server is on-demand, Meet-Me and reservation-less conference style capabilities, allowing flexibility for the user to deploy the conferencing service that is best suited for their exact needs.
On-demand conferences, also known as N-way or ad-hoc conferences, are easily initiated during an existing call. To add additional participants to a call, the user simply pushes the telephone’s conference button, web portal or uses a flash-hook to bring in each additional participant. The number of allowed conferencing participants is controlled on a user-by-user basis by the service provider, who can offer on-demand conferencing as a basic 3-way or unlimited N-way residential and business conferencing service. It can also be packaged for business conferencing, in which individual employees may be assigned their own conferencing maximum. Subscribers can use the Web Portal to conference by clicking the conference icon, using directory entries, or by typing any non-directory number into the on-screen call control interface.
Business users can host professional meetings using the Meet-me conferencing feature. It gives them the ability to directly set up a conference reservation and manage the conference once guests call in. With Meet-me conferencing, it is easy to set up a conference anytime, anywhere. For users with access to the Web Portal, connecting via the Internet provides a user-friendly visual interface. This face of meet-me conferencing makes it a compelling, high-value user tool. The Web Portal interface makes it easy to reserve an available conference time.
The Reservation-less Conferencing feature allows a moderator to initiate a conference at any time using the same set of moderator and guest IDs each time. This is different than a regular Meet-Me Conference where a new set of moderator and guest IDs are generated each time a new conference is scheduled.
The HIP feature-rich conferencing solution offers:
• N-way conferencing defined per user
• Self-service scheduled bridge reservations via IVR or Web Portal
• Moderator and guest access IDs
• Auto-generated email invitation (iCalendar)
• Moderator dial-out for joining a conference
• Join a conference via IVR or Web Portal
• Conference floor control and view windows
• Schedule recurring conferences
• Roll call
• Acknowledge a “raised hand” for voting
• Release specific conference guest
• Mute and un-mute specific participants
• Mute and un-mute all participants
• Lock and unlock conference for security
• Disable music while waiting for conference
• Increase ports during a conference
• Extend conference time during a conference